If you aren’t going to Churchill Downs on Saturday, May 1 for the Kentucky Derby, you can still celebrate and enjoy the 147th running right here in Lawrenceburg.
Downtown merchants and restaurants will be celebrating with their “Shop for the Roses” event, offering a variety of specials and discounts throughout the day. And don’t forget to dress up! Several businesses are offering discounts to those who come in wearing Derby attire.
Here are some of the specials and activities already being planned:
- Art Alley and Frame Clinic will have registration for two door prizes – a $50 gift certificate for Art Alley and a free sip and paint class. Merchandise in the store will also be 10% off all day.
- Chickadees will have a special that day (more details coming).
- The Mix will have their Derby Pie Shake for $5 for anybody wearing a derby hat.
- Sweet Mash will have a sale for anyone in Derby attire.
- Bourbon Brick House will be serving mint juleps and have Four Roses Bourbon drink specials. If you don’t want to watch the Derby at home, they’ll be showing it on their flat screen TVs.
- Caroline’s Creamery will offer 20% off orders for customers wearing Derby attire.
- Bluegrass Sabor will have specials on mint juleps and will be showing the race on their flatscreen TVS.
- Tastefully Delicious will have a free cupcake decorated like a rose for the first 48 customers who come in wearing a derby hat. There will also be a gift basket giveaway and a basket filled with discount coupons for customers wearing a derby hat.
- Heavens to Betsy! will be serving their Kentucky Hot Brown Sandwich.
- Off the Ground Coffeehouse will be offering a special Derby Pie Latte
- Sweet Doodle Co. will have a drawing for a free dog grooming.
- J. Bailey & Sons Trading Co will be giving away two baseball style hats with the shape of Kentucky on the front. Sign up in the store. You don’t have to be present to win.
Check this post later for additional updates on activities and merchants who are participating.