Though no cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) have been diagnosed in Lawrenceburg or Anderson County, some events and attractions here are postponing or closing temporarily to help prevent the spread of the virus.
Four Roses Bourbon will continue with production, but tours of the distillery in Lawrenceburg and the warehouse and bottling facility at Cox’s Creek will be suspended from March 14-29. Their gift shops will remain open through Sunday, March 15, then close through March 29.
Wild Turkey Distillery has also decided to close the Wild Turkey Visitor Center to the public effective Saturday, March 14 at 5 p.m. and remain closed until further notice. Production at Wild Turkey will continue.
Some upcoming local events have also been postponed including:
- The Anderson County Chamber of Commerce Business and Community Expo, which was scheduled for March 21.
- The Anderson County Arts Council’s Art for All! Spring Pop Up Show which was also scheduled for March 21.
- A March 17 St. Patrick’s Day Event at the Ripy House.
- The March 21 Bourbon Session at the Ripy House, featuring Michael Veach, which is being moved to Saturday, May 16.
- The March 22 afternoon tea at the Ripy House.
- The 2020 Spring Craft Show at the American Legion.
This list of tourism-related closures and postponements will be updated if and when any other organizations announce cancellation or postponement of events.
If you are unsure of the status of an event you planned to attend or an attraction you planned to visit, it is recommended you check with them before going.