Cheers! June 14 is National Bourbon Day and there are ways you can take part in Lawrenceburg and Anderson County, from a dinner to tastings to special drinks created just for this celebration.
Here are some of the events that are scheduled:
- A four-course Bourbon Heritage Dinner is being held on Thursday, June 13, inside the Sweet Mash building at 101 S. Main St., with the first course being served at 7 p.m. Tom Ripy IV, great-grandson of distiller T.B. Ripy, will be there to speak about the history of bourbon in Anderson County. Catering will be provided by Christy Jane’s on Main. Reservations are required by calling 502-604-6020 or 502-517-6469.
- On Friday, June 14, you can enjoy an evening at the beautiful and historic Ripy Mansion (320 S. Main St.) for Stone Fences Tours’ second Bourbon Sessions, from 7-9 p.m. You will learn about the historic distilleries and distilling families of Lawrenceburg through the stories of bourbon historians Tom Ripy IV and George Geoghegan III, another great-grandsons of T.B. Ripy. You will also sample tastings of Anderson County bourbons while learning about their bourbon-rich past. Cocktails are available as you tour this mansion that bourbon built. Tickets are $35 and can be purchased at www.tbripyhome.com/events or by calling 606-548-2181/ 502-680-0948
- If you just want to try a tasty bourbon drink, Bluegrass Sabor (115 S. Main St.) will be offering two special bourbon drinks on June 14 – the Bourbon Ball and the Chocolate Covered Cherry.
- For those who want to honor National Bourbon Day, but without the bourbon, The Mix (105 S. Main St.) will be selling Bourbon Ball-flavored shakes that day.
- And if you like to mix your own favorite bourbon at home, Sweet Mash will be having a sale on barware and mixers on June 14. They’ll also be offering samples all day.