To encourage tourism venues, events and attractions, the Lawrenceburg/Anderson County Tourism Commission has initiated a funding program for tourism attractions, festivals and events. All requests shall be in keeping with the Commission’s mission of promoting, marketing and development of tourist activities in Anderson County.
All proposals must be submitted 60 days prior to the event.
- Tourism attractions, festivals or event must be located in Anderson County.
- Monies must be used:
- To promote tourism business in Anderson County through advertising on social media, in print, on the radio, on television, or through other requested means deemed acceptable by the tourism commission, or
- For public capital improvements which meet the criteria of KRS 91A.350 by promoting tourist activities in Anderson County
- Requests may be made for start-up and/or operational costs, including staffing, or local organization’s tourism-related project or event.
- Funds awarded to festivals and events are normally awarded on a sliding scale, for no more than three consecutive years. (Assuming, of course, all guidelines are met.)
- Organizations may request funds for product development, marketing or both. Detailed plans must be included.
- All funding requests are subject to the discretion of the commission.
For questions, more information, or to request a grant application, please contact us.